Thread: Seeking Writers
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
Maldrantus

Maldrantus is on a distinguished road
Re: Seeking Writers

Work done for the MUD would belong to the MUD, and I'd be very upset with staff members who copied work from another MUD and inserted into mine or vice versa. Termination would be immediate, and if material was copied into my MUD, it'd be replaced. If material was copied into another MUD, I'd just hope that the producer would extend professional courtesy and work with me on some solution.

I plan on offering in game bonuses and items to players for money a la pay-for-perks, however I do not plan on going as far as Iron Realms Entertainment, just to use an example. While I've spent a lot of money as a former player, I think that the benefits are greater to the players and to the MUD as a whole if the rewards are on a much smaller scale with less game effecting results that are also much cheaper in dollar cost.

It is my -hope- that most, if not all, items that can be bought with real money can also be bought with gold, but that may change as the economy becomes more fleshed out and I have a better picture of economical balance and how that would affect it.
Maldrantus is offline   Reply With Quote