Thread: One Man Job?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #21
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I'd certainly consider Guild Wars a mud, and possibly Diablo2 and CounterStrike. However the same argument could be made about most of the big graphical muds - how many of them have a strong administrative presence within the mud? How often does a god appear in World of Warcraft to blast you with lightning because you unfairly killed another player? How many times can I insult someone on EverQuest before one of the staff "silences" me?

Given that I already clarified earlier in the thread that "By "pretty much runs itself" I'm talking specifically about a mud that requires little in the way of an administrative presence within the mud", it seems apparent that the straw-man isn't mine.

The opinion I stated was that a well-designed mud can be operated with "little in the way of an administrative presence within the mud". I did not say that such a mud "doesn't include non-development support staff". I am talking about explicitly about the roles of administrative staff within the game itself.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote