View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:49 AM   #164
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

Zhiroc,

You are being completely unfair to IRE games. They offer their mud to be playable for free. I've been there and seen it. If you want to have extras or support the game you can pay as well which assists their creators and staff to keep the games up to par for what the players expect.

This is very close to the same for all the commercial "style" games.

Why are so many so angry about this? You don't HAVE to play the games. The players that play them LIKE them. Why are we jealous or angry about this? Why is everyone wanting to tear down the commercial games for their definition of FREE. Do you honestly think they are swindling people or trying to "trick" people into playing their game? Do you honestly think people who go there are stupid enough to stay if they think they've been cheated.

I don't.

And so you don't think I'm backing the Commercial games because NW is one. I'm not and NW is not. NW would click the box Completely FREE no donations or registrations or whatever accepted. But I can't stand this constant beating up of well run, fun muds, being hounded because of the word FREE.

Every one of the Muds that posted here that are commercial and have the word free to play in them ARE free to play. Stop this nonsense.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote