View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
ReanA

ReanA is on a distinguished road
"Planned" RP or Pure Immersion?

Hello,

I was thinking about why I love the RP in Achaea so much and I realized it was because of the character immersion that developed since I started to play. In Achaea, I'm a Minister of War and a deadly combatant. Anywhere I go in Achaea, that's the character I am, and it's the character other people see. It's steady and isn't "scenario" based -- all activities are in-character. However, some people feel that pure immersion isn't really RP, it's just staying IC.

Pure immersion sounds a little bit more fun and spontaneous to me, I've had a lot of situations where my character has been approached by a novice and I've had a lot of fun answering their creative questions and explaining to them how the game works (while staying in-character). Spontaneous RP is easier for me than planning something out, and it's more enjoyable for me as well.

I'm not really a huge RP buff, so pure immersion makes it easier for me to still be a part of the RP community without going out of my comfort zone. I'm wondering what RP buffs think of the pure immersion atmosphere in Achaea / Iron Realms games. If you would, try playing Achaea or another Iron Realms game a bit and tell me what you think of the RP. Post what you liked, what you didn't like, etc.

-ReanA
ReanA is offline   Reply With Quote