Thread: us and them ?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2002, 02:46 AM   #4
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
*shrugs* It's a conformity to the herd issue....tough love...or even self-policing (since I haven't seen Synozeer or the Forum Moderators taking a huge stand on these issues). We have no other way of moderating this debate, so sure, it becomes us vs. them. But it's not because we (the majority of those against spam) are just looking for a target to draw a bead at, or don't want to listen to the other side of the debate. It's because it's the only way we have to get them to conform to the high standards that we hold TMS to.

And I'm sure a lot of the animosity comes from the hurt that some of us feel when making comparisons to TMC, and how spam has been one of the contributing factors in the downfall of the site. And then you turn and look at TMS, and it's all of a sudden being flooded with the same thing. It's hard not to draw a parallel.

I think the responses to Likita's apology post prove it best. The people against spammers don't want blood, or someone's head on a stake. A promise not to do it anymore is sufficient. Now true, that still leaves open the question of right and wrong here. But I don't have the answer to that one, so I'll leave that to someone else.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote