View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #13
visko

visko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to visko Send a message via AIM to visko
A pk concepts forum, as I see it, is different from a pk forum in sthat instead of talking about who managed to kick who's ass, you're talking about the idea in general. I agree with Body entirely in his opinion that like-minded people need a place to commune. RPers can find forums around the internet in various places, but it's hard to find a good place to use as a sounding board for new pk concepts, such as new fighting systems and how to enforce honorable pk (whatever people think that is...)

Yes, the concept in its entirety could be broken down into a million concepts and distributed evenly over the existing forums. This is also probably true for any other "concepts" forum proposed, including the RP forum, for the simple reason that MUDs aren't just about singular, specific, solitary systems that never deal with each other. Everything you add intot a MUD has ramifications on the rest of the game, and the people who are able to see the larger picture as they work on the minutae are the ones who can develop truly decent MUDs.

All I'm asking is that we create a forum that deals with the big picture for pk MUDs. All too often, a mud comes up claiming to be total-pk with really cool new ideas, and they aren't completely unjustified. Whoever was coding/building the place had some imagination, and new things did get implemented. But because said admin was working on his own, with no one to talk to about the concepts, he forgot something or another and the whole thing goes to pot.

Let's give the forum a chance, put in some special rules for the forum to make sure that people don't start getting into specific-mud-related social quibbles, and try to get a decent amount of the avid pk-ers a home to live in for a while.

-Visko
visko is offline   Reply With Quote