View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 04:28 PM   #12
melopene

melopene is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to melopene
As the head builder of FR, I must admit that I was disappointed to have that mob brought to my attention. While it was made long before my tenure on the game began, it is something which a player could take the wrong way in an OOC sense.

However, do keep in mind that FR is a game that has a great deal of racial variation and conflict. Elves dislike humans, humans dislike minotaurs, dwarves and halflings dislike whoever they feel like warring with for the week, and everyone pretty much hates ogres, trolls, orcs, and goblins - especially goblins. If you read up on the history of the MUD, this becomes rather evident. It in no way derides any player for choosing to play whatever race, but rather it allows for interaction and conflict which drives the history of the mud, rather than a big happy everybody-loves-everybody family. (In an OOC sense, almost all of the players are quite friendly with one another.)

Additionally I would like to point out that at the time gingersnap made the post, there were two visible immortals on the game, both of whom were receiving tells and answering questions. I know this because I was one of them. Yet, no comment was made to either of us, nor were any notes posted, rather, the issue was taken directly to a public forum, something which I find rather disappointing.

On the matter at hand, however, the mob should, and will be changed, as I intend to do so myself. I do appreciate it being brought to our attention, although I must say it could have been handled in a much more appropriate manner.
melopene is offline   Reply With Quote