View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #69
visko

visko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to visko Send a message via AIM to visko
Thanks for the link, Tavish. I went and read up...

The arguments rebutting the initial demonizing of TCPA seem to be legitimate, but the concerns raised by the current TCPA demagogues are still valid; just how far is the Fritz chip going to go, if not in the next 2 years, then in the next 10? If I can be assured of complete control over my system(s) for the rest of my life, I'll shut up and let the technology come; in its current form, it seems benign enough.

However, if I can't even decide what comes in and out of my computer sitting at the console, I won't put up with the technology involved. Making expendable RSA keys on the fly is all well and good; but I'm not interested in having those be created for me and used to allow or block information I was not aware of.

The issue is still dangerous, in my mind. But with the information gained from Tavish's link, and a recent announcement at the IDF that Grantsdale, the TCPA-standard chip, will be an optional component to new microprocessors and chipsets, has me less worried. Still, I would urge people in this community to keep tabs on the debate; we don't want "well-intentioned" fools creating an intolerable situation for us behind our backs.

-Visko
visko is offline   Reply With Quote