View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #36
Traithe

Name: Kite
Traithe is on a distinguished road
Y'know, I was going to bite my tongue and stay out of this, but this is really just too much.

I seriously hope you aren't referring to the admins of MUDs using the acronym in question as a "small clique of selfish people trying to act superior to others." If you aren't, then please disregard the rest of this post, as it won't apply.

You know what the really funny thing is? I don't see Sanvean, Revus, Alaire - or, come to think of it, any other admin from one of these games - posting here to argue over whether or not people should or should not be allowed to call their own game whatever the heck they like.

Really, the only person I see arguing is you, and to be frank, I don't understand at all why you're getting so worked up over this.

RPI, like any other acronym, is in place for the convenience of the community. Over the years it has taken on certain specific connotations - no better or worse than an Intel chipset versus an AMD chipset - and is merely used within that specific context to draw the attention of individuals who enjoy the elements said connotations entail as far as MUDing environments go.

Notice the complete lack of arrogance and elitism.

So do me a favor and quit slinging mud on the names and the hard work of numerous people who have done absolutely nothing to deserve it other than try to create free, immersive environments for folks to enjoy in their spare time. Actions speak louder than words, and at this point the only particularly selfish and arrogant individual I see in this thread is the one who made these disparaging remarks.

Thanks.
Traithe is offline   Reply With Quote