View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #27
shander

shander is on a distinguished road
I play avalaon legends where I pay a bit under 30 bucks a month for unlimitted play. I'm a working adult ant thats a pretty cheap hobby. A skii ticket costs over $40 a day , I don't want to think about the cost of owning a boat etc. A theater ticke would be $60.

I dont' particularly like the idea of pay for perks in that the money starts shaping the play. I could see paying for perks in terms of coding help or trouble shooting that was parrellel to things earned with in world accomplishments or achievments. Maybe the quid pro quo wouldn't be exactly spelled out, but I'd pay more to have a new pair of skiis, why not offsett some internal costs for coding in a some new terain squares in a region where my in game efforts had allowed me to conquer.

Now, if you had a bigger game with hunderds of players I could see like offering to pay someone elses subscrition for a few months for their help or something.

One thing I dislike is spending my recreation time helping new players. Some of it is necesarry for political well being of cities in Avalon and general Role playying experience yet, I should think that the people running the games should find a way to waive fees or reward the folks that spend their time doing what I regard as tedious but which is vital to having a good game experience. Sort of like paid moderators on some chat boards during the bubble years?
shander is offline   Reply With Quote