Thread: Dragonrealms?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #12
BrettH

BrettH is on a distinguished road
I played both GS and DR for a total of about 8 years. Some recent changes in the latter game ended that run, and now I play in Unwritten Legends.

This would be the previously mentioned game that's still in testing mode after 10 years.

If you're looking for something with a very similar command syntax, UL serves that up to ex DR and GS players. However, there are some differences, so it works for some and not for others.

The differences are:

RP enforced.

More details coded into RP related things (shops, descriptions, etc.) Less detail in non-RP things like the combat system, though that is going to be changing rather thoroughly in the future.

Much direct assistance from staff to help with roleplaying goals. I've never seen a game so open to player ideas and submissions.

It's also free during this extended testing phase, so no strain on the pocket book. When it does leave the testing phase, it will be a pay to play but with a low fee that is the same for everyone, no paying for perks.

These traits will appeal to some Simu refugees but not to all of them, like all games. I've been enjoying UL for about two years now, and most likely will not leave.

---Brett
BrettH is offline   Reply With Quote