View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 02:28 AM   #24
Seraphina

Seraphina is on a distinguished road
It's not quite what you think it is at pay 2 play muds. In the one I play most of the staff is still volunteer. What the money does pay for is onsite staff and better hardware and they do pay some gamemasters.

I agree with putting in a dollar sign because it is pertinent information. Some people might not want to pay, but others may want to check it out to see what they are like. From what I have been reading they are likely to have superior experience and combat systems, better systems in general. But, they also have a far larger population and many people might not enjoy that. The scroll can be tremendous in a busy room especially if you are not used to it.

For the most part they don't offer the intimacy that smaller muds do. You make a circle of friends but there is no way you are ever going to know every player or character.

I do think it is more important than things like server speed.

Achaea doesn't mention they are a pay for advancement mud on the info page nor even anywhere I could find on it's web page. I even clicked on play and went into the character manager without any notification that there was anything to buy. I thought I read in the posts some where that it is P2P?

Threshold mentions it in info. Armageddon looks free. The Eternal City doesn't mention payment on the info page or on the first web page you hit. There is no mention until you click create an account at which point they offer a free thirty day trial.

At the very least I would like to see a specific slot on the info page where they must indicate whether or not there is any charge and if so a short description of it. (monthy or for access to wealth, training, experience, etc.)

I don't see any downside to this.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote