View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
Sandra

Home MUD: LegendMUD
Sandra is on a distinguished road
Re: Searching for my next mud

I'll give you some information about LegendMUD here as well.

- Level based (Don't mind grinding)

Legend is a level-based mud. We have 50 levels and a post-game set of Era levels that allows you to learn special skills and abilities.

- Fun and encouraged grouping and group skills

Of course we think it's fun! We do encourage grouping as well as solo play.

- Group quests ect

We have well over 100 quests. Some are group oriented, some are solo. They also range from simple to epic in nature.

- Pk (Open pk. Hunting ect.)

Legend boasts 3 different pk systems. We have a dueling system for those that just like to dabble, up to our PKE system which is standard PK where you can be attacked by any other PKE character. With dueling, you can duel to a certain amount of health, or to the death. Our third system is called PKOK and it's our "middle ground" in pk. You choose who wil be allowed to attack you by accepting them into your list of enemies.

- A consistant and online Pbase

Right now, we're at our summertime low, like a lot of others. But we range from 10-26 players online, and there are generally people around the clock. During the normal season, our numbers will just about double.

- I've played a rom based mud for about 10 years now, so I guess rom based preferred.

We're not a rom-based mud. We're a severely modified DIKU. But with loads of helpfiles, learning the ropes isn't too tough!

- No power hungry immortals

Nope, won't find that here. Our staff is very professional.

- Questing

As above, we've got well over 100. Each area has a minimum of 2 with some upwards of 12. All completely automated. We have no immortal-run quests. Though we often do have immortal-run games.

- Large-ish map, plenty of exploring

We currently have just over 6k rooms. It is 100% original and we're constantly working to add more areas. We've 2 more in progress right now.

Good luck in your search!
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote