View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 02:47 PM   #57
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
The concept of a female mudders or even a female or plays video games in general, goes back about twenty years into the 80s, it all started with dungeons and dragons of course, there were VERY few as I have researched.  Most of them became writers, (Margaret Weis for example) but they were never truly gamers or mudders.  The thing about finding female gamers is you find them irl, at an arcade or at blockbuster.  Mudding is a whole different playing field, it is online, you don't know who could be or is who.  To me it matters greatly on a roleplay mud if the actual player is male or female, I can't stand males who play females, I have tried it and I abandoned the character after a few hours.  I just couldn't stand trying to figure out how to act, or see things with the character.  Because I am not female irl I can't use my ooc point of view to how she would act.  Again if you are female and mud or play video games, you are the few, the proud, you are the female gamer.

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote