View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #7
The_Fury

The_Fury is on a distinguished road
Re: Why so few Mud Making Programs/Websites?

You are possibly not alone in what you seek, tho for the most part I think that most mud owners/developers are looking for something that is much more powerful that they can mold or create to be just how they want it in every respect.

There are a number of text adventure type sites that allow you to make games in a way that you describe, and I think Mabius has mentioned coffee mud, which allows you to modify many aspects of the game and to also build areas for it via a web interface.

Maybe you could explain in some depth what your wanting to create and then others here might be able to steer you in the right direction.

OH, i forget what its called, but there is a windows mud server that might just be up your alley, you customize every aspect of the game from within a windows app, with drop down boxes and all that sort of crap, you can define everything from races, classes, skills, areas etc from within the one program. If i get time later i will search out an address for you and post it here.

Bleh, i did look but i cannot find the stupid thing, someone else might know what im talking about, if i remember right i think they used to run a final fantsy game with it.

Ok i have found it, ULTIMUD Take a look at that, it might just be up your alley, build a game all in windows without ever touching a single line of code.

Last edited by The_Fury : 08-18-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Found it.
The_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote