View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Support an indy MMO project

This is a joke right? I expected the closing date for your donations to be April 1st.

In a market where closed / open beta testing for games in development is free, you want money upfront for yet another MMO in a market flooded with games, some of them incredible quality? Not to mention the number of high quality MMO's which are actually free to play.

I have every respect for indy developers.. some of the finest games have some from that sector, but I dont think I have ever seen a request for such a total of money to continue a project which from what I can see is still totally theoritical. If the you tube video which is pretty much like a Starfield screensaver is all you have managed in 15 months, then I think you may be deluding yourself.

The only time I have ever paid upfront for a game is Cliff Johnsons "The fool and his money" (still waiting) but I believe in him as a developer. All I have seen from you what I have read from you on this forum, and none of it is good.

I think I will setup a website with a load of waffle and see if I can get $30000 as well!
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote