View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
Coding a MUD; LEARNING to code a MUD - takes along with many other attributes: dedication, initiative, sacrifice, and to me a desire - NOT to build the best game YOU would like to play, but instead - to build the BEST game OTHERS want to play.

I'm sorry, but asking others to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to code a MUD is just plain childish and selfish. Creating a MUD isn't like baking a cake. You can't get a recipe for it. You need to learn how to program in a language FIRST, then take that knowledge to a higher level by applying it - in this case - to creating a specific type of server application: the MUD game.

If you would have sacrificed some time, and took the initiative to use Google, TMS, and other sites like , you would have found plenty of suggestions on how to START learning how to code. Follow what those people say. There are MANY good suggestions out there. Don't ask others to do the research for you. That's your job!

Please understand I am in no way trying to be mean, or start a flamewar. It's just that people need to understand what they ask for BEFORE they ask for it.
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote