Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #256
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

This is to everyone here, but mostly Lasher and Threshold. It seems obvious to me that TMS is in a unique position (as is TMC) to become a reliable source through articles, as per the MUD Task Team on Wiki. KaVir asked what would need to happen to establish articles as a reliable source.

I would imagine that field experts would need to objectively review games via articles and that the articles would need to be featured on TMS in a non-forum area. How difficult would it be to select a cabal of reviewers to write good, in-depth expert articles on not only MUDs, but other genre-specific material - and then feature them here on the site under a tabbed section that is easily accessed?

I know that I would certainly be willing to write consistent articles for the site and community, in an effort to not only create a reliable resource (which would strengthen the purpose of this site, beyond it being a forum community with an ad-banner/vote system), but to use as an anchor to try to draw attention from other media sites.

Additionally, what of sending press releases to BrightHub to see if any of their paid article writers would be willing to review genre-specific material. Certainly that would also contribute to notability and reach out to new potential users in an effort to expand the size of the community.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote