View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #16
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
The MUD's policies would be the decisive factor. I thought that was obvious, but maybe it does need clarification.

IRE accepts cash for in-game perks as part of their WvW system. We use a PvP system instead, so it's our policy not to accept money for in-game perks. Incidentally, player-to-player cash transactions of that sort are also forbidden by our rules, punishable by deletion of the offending characters. Someone could conceivably get away with it behind our backs, but that's very different than a codified system allowing or requiring the MUD to collect fees.

I know you've previously mentioned a time you bribed a MUD admin for favors, but I've never even been approached in such a fashion. I frankly suspect you made the whole thing up to bolster this painfully contrived attempt to claim a game like Carrion Fields uses the same business model as yours do. The models are quite different, which is why I'm proposing more accurate labeling for both.

Everyone knows why you're resistant to honest disclosure of your commercial model, even though you've previously stated you're open to accurate descriptions of this sort. But it doesn't mean I intend to roll over and make it easy for you to conceal it.

We're free. I fully intend to let as many people as possible know what that means.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote