View Single Post
Old 05-29-2002, 02:07 AM   #6
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Normally, I do not involve myself in threads such as these, however, Shao's latest post required my input.

Of all those listed, only Stallone, and to a lesser extent, Lee is mentionable.

Stallone is a shichidan (seventh dan) of Aikido, either a derivation or a "sister art" to the Art that I follow - aikijujutsu. Lee created his own Art. The rest are nothing more then special affects wonders. While Chan (Not Jacky Chen, twip, Jackie Chan) has some ability according to what I understand, it is at best a sandan - a third dan.

The rest are inconsequential - even Jet Li. Van Damne (Not Damn, again, twip) supposedly has some talent, but Stallone challenged him to a fight - and Van Damne ran away.

And, they are movie stars. To quote my sensei, "My training is not for making money. It is to hone the soul - and the body". Not only do most follow hideously bastardized Americanized Arts (For the record, I an American. But most arts have been utterly....destroyed in America. I'll rant about this later.), but their form is a joke, excluding Stallone and Lee. If my, or any student of the Arts, form was as bad as any of the non-excluded actors, my Sensei (a kudan, mind you) would likely expel me/student from the Art.

There is no special affects. Note the form, the stance. Even a sandan has better form then any actor (excluding Lee and Stallone, again) mentioned on the thread or the poll.

I am shocked that you overlooked Chow Yun Fat. From his work in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, I am somewhat impressed. If that was him performing the kata, and not a stunt-double. If it was, I have high hopes for his future career.

/End Rant.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote