View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #76
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

That's what is already planned with reviews - to roll them into a special area of the forums.

On the subject of player involvement, have to be very careful how I word this because I don't want it to be taken as meaning that we wouldn't like more player involvement on TMS. The original thread was a comment on lack of forum activity period, from admins, players, anyone. A few good suggestions were made that might get players involved but generally, players care more about the MUD they play than any general MUD site. One area that came out that I think we really could do better on is general MUD information for people "just browsing", which won't necessarily drive forum usage but will definitely help the value the site provides overall.

On moderation, heavy moderation just isn't my style. No tolerance for spam, but beyond that things have to get pretty out of hand before I see a need to close threads or edit comments. It's a discussion, in this case a heated discussion, discussions people feel strongly about need to play out and die on their own or the feelings just come back in another thread a month later.

I would ask that folks consider if the thread has gone off topic and is now more about taking shots at each other than new ideas that help the original goal of the thread, but imho heavy moderation is just as much of a community killer as outright flame wars.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote