View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
Fharron

Fharron is on a distinguished road
Erm, you mean you actually believe being #1 is synonymous with a valued achievement? That it entails a sense of righteous accomplishment rather than the perverse satisfaction of a self-serving marketing agenda, with integrity being a mute point..

I find it disappointing to hear a proud boast made by a game that features a blatant oxymoron in its listing details.

Definition of free – unrestricted; exempt from impositions, duties or fees, hindrance, gratis.

Definition of commercial – pert to commerce; mercantile; buying and selling.

Its either completely free or it isn’t, free players can either compete on equal terms with paying players or they cannot, players either have full access to the game without hindrance or they do not. You cant have your cake and charge people to eat it.

If wanting it BAD enough means being economical with the truth or writing explanatory headers that are blatantly designed to mislead then I guess I will never want it BAD enough.

I would still like to see a separate listing for commercial muds. I still remember numerous instances of voting incentives being given to players in the past, by top rated muds. I still believe that a truthful and accurate portrayal of information would be of greater benefit to visitors and ALL supporters of the site than actively supporting a fallacy.
Fharron is offline   Reply With Quote