View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #6
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
It also helps to have a very clear, specific, and enforceable PK policy. An example of such policy:

1) It isn't *player* killing, so as soon as you get that garbage phrase out of your head, the quicker we can move on. It's violence against other characters. Other fantasy entities that are in conflict with your fantasy entity. Call it CvC - Character vs. Character.

2) Your ogre character is not allowed to simply walk up to a human and kill him just because he's human and ogres hate humans. You *must* have some actual roleplayed conflict situation occur.

3) You MUST provide the opponent the opportunity to get out of the conflict situation. If that opponent takes the opportunity, the conflict is over, and you MUST allow it to be so. Example:

>Ogre says, "Puny human come to Ogre city. Make trouble. Ogre bash head in if not leave!

>Human snorts haughtilly and says, "I'll do as I please you ugly lout. Now move aside, I have herbs to forage!

>Ogre wields his really ugly big club and stands there, unmoving. "Human leave now or human be corpse!"

If the player of the human invites the aggressor, then he MUST accept the consequences. If the player of the human returns to wherever he came from, then the Ogre's player MUST allow him to do so. If he kills the human anyway, it is a violation of policy and the *player* will be subject to a 30 day lockout. In addition, if the ogre gets into it and the human goes for the conflict and wins, then the conflict is OVER.

4) Multi-accounting is prohibited during CvC situations. If you have a conflict with Joe, then you may NOT bring in your higher-level alt to kick Joe around.

5) If you enter into a CvC situation and both sides agree (through roleplaying) to continue it, do NOT attempt to discuss it with the staff. Staff will keep out of any conflict in which both parties agree to battle. In-character actions produce in-character consequences.

6) Do not provoke an aggressor unless you are prepared to follow through with it. In other words, if you know that Ogre will threaten to kill Human if Human walks into Ogre city, don't walk into Ogre city unless you are prepared to deal with the threat - IN character.

My advice to the person who posted the initial post is, find a game that accommodates your needs. Don't try changing, or demanding a change, to a game that is already set in its ways.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote