Thread: Moderation
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: Moderation

TMS can be a very unfriendly forum, frankly, always has been. On the "what is free?" issue alone I've received 5 private messages from people wanting to express an opinion but not wanting to post because they may or may not get flamed, accused of having an agenda, accused of having no clue, etc. The original poster of the Nodeka thread turned down the chance to repost his advertising for players note (with or without the "100% free" still in there) because it is "isn't worth the grief".

Nobody is interested in censoring anyone's opinion. Blatant personal attacks, flames that go around in circles yet add nothing new or constructive to a post will be snipped and a note sent to the poster. The thread in question here is the "What is free?" thread. Some good progress has been made there but when the list of posts is already 5 pages long there is no value to anyone interested in the subject reading someone telling Threshold to "shut up whining".

I believe this will make the TMS forums more inviting to a larger audience. If I'm wrong and it kills them, so be it.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote