View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
Avasyu

Name: Jeremy
Home MUD: http://www.ironrealms.com
Avasyu is on a distinguished road
Re: IRE MUDs: Credit System (and/or Time Investment)

Okay, so I technically have not actually played IRE games in a few years, but I pretty much live on them from the admin side.

Unless you are looking to get into PvP right away, you can go without spending any money for a while (never if you don't mind taking your time). You should be able to get a decent bashing skill, earn levels, complete achievements, participate in RP, get into politics, explore the world, meet people, and all the the other fun stuff without the need to spend money.

If you do want to get into PvP at some point, this slow approach will give you lots of time to learn how combat works, get some levels under your belt (for health purposes), get a healing system worked out, sort out what class you like, and so on.

As for spending thousands of dollars, I don't think you will even need to do that. I have seen some amazing fighters that carefully pick and choose what skills to get to in order to be competitive in their game of choice. Do it slowly, learn about the skills in your class, get a few lessons, and work your new skills into your system. One of the main keys to being able to fight, is being able to heal and defend well, which anyone can do without buying credits.

Everything in our games can be earned without ever buying a credit and we have many top end players that never have.

At any rate, hope you find what you are looking for on IRE. Thanks for considering us, and writing this awesome post!
Avasyu is offline   Reply With Quote