Thread: Top 20 muds
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #109
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
The same could be said of any feature in any mud. If you aren't interested in a mud with bards, then you're going to want that information before you invest time in a game.

I'd support a can-pay-for-perks-that-can-be-gotten-for-free-anyway (note the difference) option in the mud summary listings. I would, however, continue to advertise our games as being free, because they are.

Similarly, an incoming player who thinks elves are the lamest thing ever and will not play a mud with elves will want to know that elves are in a mud beforehand. Myself, I hate glaives and want to know whether a mud has glaives before I play it.

I won't be happy as long as you advertise having "balanced classes" then. Balanced for what? Balanced for PvP? Monster bashing? Crafting? Attracting mudsex partners? Political activities? Transportation? Fishing? Growing pipeweed? It's very unclear.

What's on our site is not relevant to a discussion of the semantics of the word 'free.' And while I appreciate you giving us the benefit of the doubt, we don't need it. If we wanted to claim we invented muds (a blatant lie obviously), your only real recourse would be the Federal Trade Commission. Just as Karl rules the tank with an iron fin, we rule our websites with Dreamweaver and shell access.

I encourage anyone who believes we're mis-representing ourselves by claiming we're free to contact the FTC with
. They will side with us, of course, given that it's not a misrepresentation.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote