View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 05:10 PM   #17
Zulu Maud

Zulu Maud is on a distinguished road
Hmm, the definition of roleplaying. Nice and arguable. First of all, about the claim that a game has a small RP community within it; that's not really possible, is it? Do these people never interact with anyone but those within the wee community? If they ever run into the H&Sers, who are the majority apparently, they've lost the reality of their character and the supposedly real world they live in. So it doesn't seem possible for a small RP community to exist within a larger H&S game.

Now, I played Dragon's Gate for years, and it's a very fun game to be sure. But I think it's best that you guys not try to sell yourselves as a hardcore RP game, as you are wont to do, to a community that knows about games like Armageddon, Harshlands, Otherspace, etc. While DGate has some amazing roleplayers who are wonderful at creating great stories, there's a limit to the level of immersion a player can get into just because of the way the code works, and the way the game is built; things like visible names, cutesy enter/exit messages, not much player contribution to the economy, no crafting (since I was last there, I know some crafting type things were planned on for the indefinite future), prevent a solid, realistic world from taking shape.

Also, "an RP game" is perfectly correct. "R" the letter is pronounced "arr", which starts with a vowel. Illiterate hackenslasher.
Zulu Maud is offline   Reply With Quote