View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 01:00 PM   #7
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
The main difference between an RP game and a non-RP game is the type of players you attract. Non-RP play being all about points and advancement brings out people who are very focused in that sort of direction.

RP people are more likely to group togther and simply live the game.

What I am now working on is going to be an environment that brings together a number of different types of RP play into a single game. Part of that game will be Colonies which between the huge animal population and visiting intelligent hostiles, can easily be one long running battle.

I guess I will always see RP styles as the ultimate form of any game. Sure it is always a blast to hop in my stand-alone jet fighter and mix it up, but when I do it as part of a team of other humans it is much more intense. When I do it as a Team but playing some sort of 'part' in a StoryLine, it gets as fun as I think I can stand.

RP is not just anyother set of Actions you must take, or more Rules to learn, or even hard to do. It is the mechanism of Escape from this World with all it trials and troubles to enter a World where you have a whole lot of control over what happens to you. A new place where you can win something everyday but it is not the winning that matters, it is how you play the game.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote