View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 12:06 AM   #115
flair

flair is on a distinguished road
Well, I had to read through quite a lot to end up making this post. I've never really understood the arguement; either you like playing IRE muds enough to buy credits and it doesn't bother you, or you think it's a ripoff and there is false advertising. You can't really play the game for long without realizing that credits will help you advance much more quickly. Not to mention that there is a credits tab on the main page of each and every website.
So you either want to buy them or you don't. If you start the game, and you like it or hate it, very quickly you'll decide if you want to buy credits or not. If not, there's a lot of totally free muds out there--go grab one.
I played achaea for about an RL year before every buying a credit--in that time, I advanced very far in my house and in my influence. True, I wasn't very good at PVP until I spend some RL money on credits, but by that time I knew what i was doing and the game gave me enough enjoyment that I thought it was worth it.
Obviously, I like IRE and I'm going to come across as biased no matter what, so I'll just say this: There are a lot of really fantastic muds out there. You don't have to play IRE and it's nearly impossible to put too much time into it without finding out about credits. So mudders are usually pretty smart people--figure it out. Either you want to make the investment or you don't. It's a personal decision, an individual choice. It's just not the big deal it's made out to be on these forums.
flair is offline   Reply With Quote