View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #12
Jaregarde

Jaregarde is on a distinguished road
Hmm...well, I thought I'd throw in my opinion (and I didn't vote by the way, because I don't think its as clear cut as that.)

It seems to me that we really haven't enough information to judge whether or not she was conscious and capable of thinking and whatever (we do know however that her brain was operating enough to control her breathing and her heart's beating and whatnot.) However, I did see on a tv show several scenes in which you can see her eyes moving, and even her laughing at one point; I'm sure someone will refute this anyway, but its not my main point. My point is, if we know not for sure whether or not she could feel pain, then it is possible that she suffered 7 days of thirst and starvation; and worse yet, her family had to sit there and watch their daughter fade slowly into death, unable to help her at all. The obvious solution to end the life of a vegetable is to literally kill the person humanely and quickly...of course doing so would muddle up a lot of things and its not exactly legal...but its a pretty stupid legal loophole that people are allowed to kill others by starvation and thirst and not with a lethal injection.

Hmm...if I understand correctly, she still does have a brain...without one she could not breathe or anything like that, right?

If I remember right, Michael Shiavo earned somewhere around a million dollars from suing Terri's doctor for not recognizing her potassium deficiency,(which, interestingly enough, he stood to inherit upon her death) so I don't think it was really anything of a 'burden' for him.
Jaregarde is offline   Reply With Quote