View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #15
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road
Re: "End game" content?

Definitely some good points made here. I guess my question is what kind of tools do you develop/offer, and what is their purpose/benefit? Breaking down your metaphor in a literal sense, what's the purpose of fishing? You get exp from the fish? I'm already hero. You get QPs from fishing? I've already bought everything I can possibly buy with QP.

So you introduce more levels and more things to buy with QP, and the players decide it's better to grind/quest than it is to fish. I realize that it's almost impossible to really satisfy every player, but I feel like I'm hitting a roadblock here.

We've got alchemy to craft potions, equipment with random stats, mobs that have randomly-dropped items to add replayability to a zone, warfare, pk, mudwide quests, a housing system, lockers that will be implemented very soon, etc.

Maybe the problem isn't so much that we don't have enough to offer as it is we have players who've been around for over a decade. Anyway - I appreciate all the input from this thread so far. A few things I've been able to take away from it.
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote