Old 01-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #8
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I'll talk to her about it for you - not really sure what she has in her physical portfolio, I haven't seen it in a long time.

I'll go back to my suggestion of Elfwood, though - you have to wade through a lot of garbage, but finding a gem could be worth it. You get someone fresh and new(relatively sometimes), they get exposure. It took me less than two minutes to find this artist, who seems to be able to do well with black+white there in his elfwood portfolio.

If this isn't your thing, I.E., if you want someone super-experienced/produced in the gaming market(which I'm guessing you do since Isaura's worked on many commercial graphical gaming projects and still is weak in experience for your tastes)... you could always find a commercial game that mimics the kind of art you want - look up the names of some of the artists, google them, contact them, see if they'd be down. Not sure what kind of salary you are offering, but I'm guessing it must be at least decent if relocation of residency is an issue.

Throw out offers to enough artists that way, you're bound to find a deal somewhere. I've used this method for acquiring voice-actors for voice-overed gaming projects before, and it worked quite nicely. I neither felt ripped off money-wise, nor disappointed with quality.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote