Thread: $20 (USD)/Zone
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 10:47 PM   #53
Hardestadt

Hardestadt is on a distinguished road
Molly, in this world there exist shades of grey.  Not everything is yes, or no. By saying that coders are more valuable than builders, he is not saying that builders are worthless.  Welcome to Logic 101.

Matt never stated that 'the work of Builders isn't worth a tenth of the work of Coders.' Don't put words in his mouth. The only negative public statement about Achaea's staff that I have seen has been made by you.

Of course he doesn't. The fact of it is this:

If a doctor had the very highest levels of merits and qualities, and a streetsweeper had the same, the doctor would be worth a great deal more.

Why?

Because the doctors skills are worth a #### of a lot more.  He put in years of work educating himself in how to do his job, he just didn't pick up a broom and start sweeping.

Why are his skills worth more?

Because they're rarer, they're wanted by more people, and they took a #### lot more effort to develop.

You mustn't be reading the same thing I did.  Why did his players react with revulsion when they were told who he was if Matt didn't tell them?

Molly, I'm seeing a worrying trend where you see what you want to see on this thread and spout garbage from your assumptions in an unseemly attempt to defame people.
Hardestadt is offline   Reply With Quote