View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #208
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

The goal isn't to make them be seen as citation worthy. Our goal is to provide a verified, independent third-party site, not affiliated with nor dependant upon any game in particular, which will offer critical review of games and a professional-style approach.

The RPMUD Network was formerly known as the RPIMUD Network but we changed the name and focus of the site. While the existing webpage is outdated, we're working on a new one that will reflect the new approach we have taken to the goals and mission of the site (mentioned above in this post).

My point with my post earlier was that some of the groundwork we've already gone over in terms of defining the substance and goals of our site might prove useful to other niches of the community, be it pure H&S, PvP, or whatever in organizing for themselves critical review and resource sites providing more substantial content and functionality for their particular sub-genre of MU*s. If the Operating Committee approves, I'll elaborate more as to the discussions, concepts and conclusions we've reached in redesigning our site.

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote