View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #66
buuwl

buuwl is on a distinguished road
Re: Join Dragonrealms today!

I've played about 20-30 different MUDS in the past 15+ years and I have to say without a doubt Dragonrealms is my absolute favorite.

Its hard to quantify exactly what makes Dragonrealms so special, but I will say the community, the lore, and support are high on the list.

If your a serious MUDer the subscription cost shouldn't be a hindrance, they do offer a free month trial where you can get your feet wet. I'm at a stage in my life where I will happily invest a few bucks a month for what I feel is a clearly premium and superior product. There are a LOT of good MUDS out there right now, but for my money you have to give this one a try.

I'll take it a step further and say that the GENIE CLIENT is also a must, it really opens ups dragonrealms in awesome ways, and yes, you have to purchase that from someone too (not the company that owns dragonrealms).

I read through this thread and look, if you want to play for free, obviously this isn't the MUD for you, but if money isn't really an issue, and your looking for an awesome MUD with excellent RP and really deep lore, you can't find a better game out there. You get what you pay for.

Another thing that always brings me back to Dragonrealms is the unique engagement system. Personally just typing attack attack attack is boring. I like that you have to advance a critter to fight it at melee, or you can shoot it from range.

There are so many reasons that Dragonrealms is amazing, its truly the gold standard. I look at other MUDS as excellent appetizers, but Dragonrealms will always be the fine wine and gourmet meal.

Right now Dragonrealms has the best set of developers in probably its entire lengthy existence, things are changing and being coded that quite frankly you won't find elsewhere. The game is very balanced and constantly tweaked.

Its great.

Last edited by buuwl : 06-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.
buuwl is offline   Reply With Quote