View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
Lanian

Lanian is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

Ever tried Avendar?

Avendar.com

It's been under new management for the last year or two, and we've had a lot of great updates and changes.

strictly rp-enforced

engaging pk system, with some limits (lvl ranges)

government is based on a very deep history, some players can have an affect
also based on houses, and their internal governments.
Those are entirely player influenced, especially as houses compete

if you want magic, lots of choices with scholars, templars, druids, etc
if you don't, warriors and rogues are there too
the classes are very deep, so while the skill sets are standard, there is no vanilla.

character roles are encouraged to have variety, though there are certain restrictions (chtaren must be good, shuddeni must be evil)
huge deity list to base roles off of

permadeath does happen, though very rare- either by age death or dying too many times (only age died once, never reached the second option in 10 years)

*No application. Just make a character.

*Lots of classes

*No reports

*Casual Environment, though you'll end up playing longer than 10 minutes

*Crafting system. Rangers can craft their own items, whereas there are npc controlled shops that you can craft items.

*Free creation and deletion. Don't want them? Delete them

*Good selection of races- Quite a list of races. Take a look (the depth comes in history, backgrounds, etc. Website gives you a good run down)

*In depth RP. I want the politics, the religions, the player run government, and all that good stuff that comes with an RP MUD, I just also want the freedom to play what the hell I want to play (within reason), and not interact with anyone I don't want to.

Bottom line- take a look, because Avendar is very unique- races, classes, history,... it even has it's own calendar system.

AVENDAR.COM
Lanian is offline   Reply With Quote