View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 06:01 PM   #8
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
I am not making an excuse, just pointing out the tendency of some ex-players to blow things so far out of proportion it is bloody stupid. If TMS and Synozeer have a problem with it, they have the admins email. However, I get very ****ed when someone like Grey comes along, who admits to bending rules (which probably means taking advantage of bug that he and others have been repeatedly told to not cheat with for over a year), and then tries to claim that one single instance of admin doing something stupid is proof that it is all some unfair form of discrimination against players that bend or break rules ****es me off.

There was another really long discussion on this a while back, it was very carefully followed and even included posts by TMS. In the end it was concluded that the issue wasn't *global* enticements, but bribery of individual players that was at issue. Specifically some muds that gave each specific player special items, abilities or extra exp for agreeing to vote. If this was an incorrect impression from the viewpoint of 'everyone' that read that previos thread on this subject, then I am sure Faye will happilly appologize for it and avoid doing so again. For myself, I don't need the bribe to vote and a brief reminder has generally been enough for *most* of the people that do vote. I can't say for certain how much the carrot really effected things. Maybe 2-3 people that wouldn't have otherwise?

I defend AoD because it is a good mud. What fool listens to someone that admits they broke the muds rules and didn't think they should have been punished for it, instead of someone that has played just as long and *doesn't* break them?
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote