View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #75
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
These boards aren't part of the bigger picture. Certain community members ensure that by starting flame wars over things as simple as a welcome message to another MUD. That sort of community member ensures this kind of board will never be relevant to the bigger picture. Heh, imagine if E3 or the IGDA banned companies from participation anytime people made unproven accusations about another company. (Which is all they are until they're found guilty by a judicial authority: accusations by highly biased parties.) It's laughable.

A large part of the difference of opinion, to be fair, is that MUDs are part of the games industry to me, while they're a hobby to you. That makes for a very different set of starting assumptions. For instance, one forum member once attacked me for pointing out that quantifying the results of marketing are a crucial stage in the process. What can I even say to that? There's just no grounds for serious discussion if nonsense like that is actually taken seriously and unfortunately, it is taken seriously here. *shrug*

Anyway, it doesn't matter what a handful of people on Topmudsites think of me or Iron Realms. We've got hundreds of players from Topmudsites in our database now and dozens of them online right now. I'm a lot more concerned about the TMS users who love our games than a small group of naysayers, because you'll always get naysayers. Naysayers just tend to be the loudmouthed fringe. It's interesting to note that nearly all the regular attackers happen to be mud admins, not players. Draw your own conclusions. I do!

Listen, this is just pointless. We're going to do what we're going to do, and that's that. You may continue to complain about us all you want, but it's just irrelevant and although you were reasonably polite (which is why I responded), this is wasting my time.

Edit: Salient example in the post above this one. Note the maturity level in calling me a 'fag.' Nothing like homophobic backwater types.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote