View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #40
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
I have to agree on this. Its precisely why I have avoided RPI, etc. types. If you are not in some fashion in the 'in crowd', you won't advance, you won't be noticed and you won't become one of that crowd unless you play in a way that doesn't fit your style in the first place. At least with H&S, I know that if I played 4 hours a day for a week, I could get more powers, even if it means repeatedly killing the same things over and over. In an RPI, its may be all just words. Unless I posted logs of everything I ever did on a web site, most of everything I did do would mean jack. Anything 'real' that became part of the game, like eq would be even more useless than the stuff I can afford to buy or get off mobs in a H&S, etc. If I wanted to write everything I do for no reward, I could write a rather poor book and spend months trying to get someone to publish it. And unlike the game, I might get lucky, have it published and make enough to by a bloody XBOX. lol

Point is, reward in the strictest ones comes from meeting 'other' people's expectations, the middle ground ones let you advance in spite of other people, but seem, from what I have seen people describe, to be scitzophrenic about how much and in what way. H&S is at least consistent, if on some levels boring. Seems, for now you can't win, no matter what you would prefer.
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote