View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 AM   #123
Traveler

Traveler is on a distinguished road
Others may have a reason to be jealous but as I am neither a MUD Admin nor a MUD Owner I do not. I have nothing to be jealous about. I have no problem purchasing a service I enjoy. I'll spend 20$ for my girl and I to go to the movies (I live in a small town the movies are cheap here), I'll pay 30$ for the HC of the new book by my fav. author, I'll drop 15-20$ on a CD. I don't particularly like IRE as a company because I think they advertise deceptively. That and Matt's spiels about being a professional when as Prof pointed out he acts like anything but.

If IRE games were truly free to play without the possibility of skill advancement through credits, or if they were a subscription based company, I would agree with you. I've been around IRE games long enough to know that there is little fun in the mystery. Take that into consideration with all the questions I posited in my previous post and I do not accept 'fun and mystery' as a truthful explanation. Coincidence only remains coincidence until it becomes evidence.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote