View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 02:07 AM   #48
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
What lack of decency? I'm simply stating facts. Matt always approaches any topic regarding MUDs from the perspective: that of his own. While that's understandable since that's what he's most familiar with, it's not universal. And yet, he phrases everything as if it were universal. For example, the RPI community hates OOC influence (at least most of it does, as I said before, but then some would consider part of the RPI community to not really be RPI). So, no not every MUD has people using real money to influence the game. In fact, I play a MUD that outright refuses donations to help support it. Its owners pay fully out of their own pocket. Period.

As for the gaming industry, it is a joke. Lucrative? No doubt about it. But it's not taken seriously by a lot of people because its products are seen to be designed for children yet are used by "adults". Geeks, nerds, etc. are terms used to describe gamers and the industry. Even accountants, the long-suffering geeks of the business world, are more respected than the gaming industry. And are the stereotypes accurate? In some cases, yes. Some gamers are total social retards, stereotypes to the letter. Does that mean the stereotypes are fair? No. But it's not a lack of decency that makes me point it out. I'm just being honest.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote