Thread: Pretty Folks
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 07:47 AM   #15
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
It's human nature I think, when playing a -fantasy- game to want to be the best, look the best, etc. So it makes complete sense that people want to play beautiful characters, just like many want to play the strongest characters, smartest characters, etc. - we are living out our fantasies through a fantasy game. (There are of course exceptions...)

I don't have a real problem with this, although I do think that people should consider making characters that aren't entirely perfect. Everyone, even the strongest superhero in comic books had a flaw or two, and every person in the known world has flaws -- characters in fantasy environments should have them too.

While I don't think it necessarily takes a better RPer to play an ugly person - ugly is just an exterior after all - I do think it takes a better RPer to play a character with faults.

And if you are either beautiful or ugly - on one end of that wide spectrum - then you should play on that yourself - don't expect others to immediately react, you can do it yourself, to show that your character is concious of his/her looks. A beautiful person might prove vain, while an ugly person, even while not being properly reacted to, might shy away from people, covering his/her face on occasion, etc.

Pleos
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote