View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 07:02 PM   #48
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
If you wish to be so dismissive of my post by claiming it to be dramatic, that is your prerogative. However, it does not intelligently respond to my post.

There is a difference between a population and a community. No one (at least not me) is saying that no one plays pay4play muds. What I am saying is that these corporate muds have never been interested in TMS until they want to exploit it for their own gains. Therefore, they are not a part of the community. As far as "losing valuable insight" is concerned, I've rarely seen p4p muds give us much at all.

I suggested that p4p muds should have a $$ sign next to their ranking. Another alternative would have to have 2 separate ranking systems, one for free muds, and one for p4p. I would think, however, that inserting a $$ sign would be enough.

If you wish to defend the blackmail that occurs on some of these games, that's your decision. But that does not change the (growing) perception that TMS rewards those who engage in slimy behavior.

To say "that's just the system" as a defense to these practices displays the intent finding the loophole and exploiting the system rather than becoming part of the community.