View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 10:01 PM   #6
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
I voted no because this is "TOP" mud sites. This isn't "Middle" Mud Sites or "Bottom" mud sites. The whole reason for the voting thing is to indicate some of the larger, more popular muds.

If people wish to try out smaller muds, it is very easy to do so by simply scrolling down the list, or by using the search functions.

Also, when a mud is small, it needs to grow through word of mouth. A small mud would not benefit from having an influx of 50 users a day for a 2 to 3 week period. The very fact that it is small makes it unable to handle that kind of traffic burst.

I *do* however wish that more could be done to prevent rampant cheating. I know of a certain mud in particular that peaks at about 30 people online (they allow unlimited multiple characters, which results in each person running 5-6 characters per person), and yet manages to be in the top 5 constantly. Also, during its first few months of being on this list, that mud did not even have a VOTE link anywhere on their web page. Furthermore, the players of the game didn't even know about any voting. When asked, the admin of this mud said "I programmed my web page to only show the vote graphic every 12 hours." *chortle* This of course, was false. (yes, that means all their votes were somehow being generated by their administration/staff).

It would be nice to see that sort of stuff stopped. Synozeer does a DARN good job of policing the process and preventing abuse. I am sure its extremely hard to police. It is too bad the mud in question cannot just stop cheating on its own out of respect for this excellent site Synozzer has created.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote