View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How not to be still-born

It sounds like we've all had some similar issues then in the people department. I find that I doubt my ability to "go it alone" simply because, as some of you mentioned, you need other's interest to help motivate. I'm the same way. But finding those people is no small task. I've got a handful of people that are more than willing to help, if they could. The problem is, they really can't until a certain stage, because they have no programming skills, database-design experience, web-design skills, building/writing experience, or other things that would be useful to the project at this stage in its unplayable state.

Beyond the motivation factor, the time requirements of the project more or less calculate out to being years in development (possibly even at this point) if I try to do it alone given how much free-time I have left over after those basic human necessities (profession, family, food, sleep).

So I more or less find that others, even just a couple of others, is necessary. Beyond that, just the value that is brought with multiple imaginations on the task is worthwhile. But I have yet to find a *good* way of actually interesting people or recruiting people to my cause; people with these abilities are obviously a premium. That's why I'm hoping that discussion through forums, a website to send people to for some information (even if basic and filled with holes, and definitely poorly designed since that's not my forte), and a server ready to present what's been done so far will help. Even then, I still have to get them to look, and I'm not quite sure how.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote