View Single Post
Old 07-04-2003, 12:06 PM   #4
erdos

*sighs* This always gets on my nerves. Why do some people always feel compelled to fully max everything and deck themselves out when they are immortal? At that point it doesn't matter! Someone with all the stats shoved to the very limits of their variable types, is just as good a builder/admin/coder as someone with stats all at 1 and naked. I can understand imms making some novelty items to wear, RP type things. I cannot understand imms invoking and wearing the equipment regarded as the "elite" hero eq on that particular MUD.
I remember one pesky little "builder" on DragonSpun FaerieTales, back when it was still up, who did nothing at all except invoke av level equipment, goto players and gloat about said equipment.
You'll notice if you look at just about any truly good immortal, their equipment (if they are wearing any) will be thematic, usually renames and things which are not accessible to players. When I see an imm wearing a full set of [insert the MUD's toughest av level mob here\ equipment, I can tell they are a newbie.