View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 05:50 AM   #6
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another of the 'player seeks MUD' threads...

Hmmm...

Gonna post a couple I find interesting, (and mind you these are not my games, and just my opinions. in no particular order, and may be a little out of date):

- Open training within class (find trainer with skill, you have money and experience, train it). Decent PvP, though some players PK with little role-play. Role-play in major cities usually not to hard to find. Large world. Lots of possibilities. Only choose Northern Kingdoms (deep elves?) if you like to be alone. Usually 5-10 on.

- ADnD 3.5ish in a Forgotten Realms setting. Good role-play. Active community. Restricts some race/town/class choices based on "kismet", which accrues over time. Originally SMAUG-based, with a lot of modifications to reach defined standards. Some hoop jumping for trades and getting approved to have a deity, but a functional system for both. Usually 5-30 on.

- Really interesting. High degree of role-play. A little iffy on the combat side, and personally not a fan of being forced to be in a "guild", but seems to fit your requirement. Usually people on. Lot of who list seemed to be idlers when I was there, but people I did meet role-played well. Good staff involvement in staff-ran quests.

All 3 use a "greet system" for learning character names, if I remember. All 3 are role-play encouraged or role-play mandatory. All are medieval or close. Seemed like solid games last I played them.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote