View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Erisine

Erisine is on a distinguished road
Re: Unwritten Legends: Searching for Player Testers.

I likely came off more acidic than I meant to be -- but I hope the game administrators take my post constructively. It would take them about half a day to evaluate what data on that application that they actually need and alter it. It would instantly make it more inviting.

If they are going to allow people with a gmail account, then they need to remove the ISP email requirement. It's mentioned at least twice on the application and seems to take center place in a "NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!" sort of way. Even TMS has exceptions and a way to create an account with an non-ISP address -- but unlike TMS, this game is competing with several others and can not really afford to go, "Wait x days first."

I would recommend moving the demographic data -- the stuff they DON'T need -- to an in-game menu and make it optional. Maybe provide a prize to people who actually take the time to fill it out, if the game owners really want people to provide that data. And stick to demographics that will help tailor the game -- like, country of origin or spoken language -- and avoid stuff that the game will never, ever use (like a phone number or AIM).

Strip the "what kind of character..." questions out ENTIRELY. Instead, if the game admins need to move the population around to test a certain area out, they should post open roles in those areas that current players can apply for a second character to get. If this is all in the name of testing, then this should be more than acceptable.
Erisine is offline   Reply With Quote