View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

Therein lies the issue with MUSH though. How can you possibly justify having a +where command that instantly shows you where every character is at? That's completely OOC. Roleplaying "scenes" isn't staying in-character at all then. You're basically just getting together and chatting, that's why I don't consider it roleplaying. When you play a role, you should be in-character, your knowledge should be as limited as that of the characters. You shouldn't be able to instantly know where every character is, the same way you shouldn't have access to those character's backgrounds and instantly know everything about them.

I wasn't treating your game like a MUD or anything, I was logging in and trying to play it like I would roleplay in any situation. When I do improv at my local theater, or when I go on stage to act, I am in-character, we don't take breaks or anything. When the show is over (akin to us logging out of the game), then you can go out of character. But until then I feel that when you login, it's showtime.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote