Old 05-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Not Mud Related, but I'm looking for some assistance

Hi! I've been a (lurking) member of the MUDding community for about 15+ years under various names (I'm also realedazed/ezbreezy on the other MUD forums.), I don't really like that name anymore :/) so I thought it was Ok to post. I'll delete if you like.

Anyway, I'm trying to get into a school called Western Governor's University. I chose WGU because you pay a flat fee ($3500) and you can earn as many credits as you like. Basically you can take 6-9 credits at a time and as you successfully pass classes, they allow you to move on the the the next. Each class ends with a proctored test or a tech cert. It's completely self paced, so if you have the time and/or previous knowledge, you could could earn several tech certifications during that 6 month period and it's all included in that one price.

WGU is very selective. They only accept you if you have 2 years work experience, a certification that is in the program you will be taking or have studied high level tech courses. I have no prior work experience other than help desk. I've taken a bunch of self study courses (Android Programming on Coursera), but that's not what they are looking for. So, I'd like get the CIW Web Foundations since I've started web programming and I think I have at least half of the required knowledge. Anyway, I can't afford the practice tests or the voucher.

TL;DR: I started a GoFundMe to help me fund a tech cert. Do you guys have any advice (free, cheaper practice tests, study guides, etc) to offer or would you like to help spread the word of my fundraising campaign?

Thanks!!

Last edited by Realedazed : 05-10-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote